Try a free demo
Audio Visual Lesson you view on your computer browser
Approximate running time: 110 minutes.
Marty's audio visual format significantly enhances your learning experience:
- The combination of voice and visual effects makes it easier to understand what Marty is teaching.
- The lesson is interactive, so students "learn by doing."
- You can proceed at your own pace.
- You can play and replay all or some of the lesson whenever you choose as many times as you like.
- The lesson includes a written transcript for you to study. The transcript format has been improved for increased readability.
Click here for an example transcript.
- The lesson contains several hours of extensive material.
- The lesson is designed to work on most popular computers and browsers, including Windows, Mac, and iPad.
As soon as dummy is tabled, and before you play a card, after counting losers (or winners), you must STOP, THINK, and COME UP WITH A PLAN. There are many areas you must address. Here are some of the most important ones:
A. How do you plan to reduce your # losers (or increase your # winners)? The three most desirable ways are:
- Ruff losers in the hand with fewer trumps.
- Make use of a long suit to discard losers. (Very often, you need to begin setting up the suit ASAP.)
- Hope to endplay the opponents to avoid a finesse.
B. Consider the trump suit:
- How many trump do the opponents have?
- How are they likely to divide?
- Should you lead trump ASAP? Marty sez: Unless 100% sure that the correct answer is yes -- DON'T!
- If the answer to #3 is yes, how many rounds should you play?
Last but not least: If declarer's hand includes a side suit of 4+ cards, that is usually the key suit to focus on.
In this lesson, Marty will show you how to:
- Give yourself an extra chance to make the hand.
- Turn losers into winners.
- Find a surefire way to avoid losing finesses.
- Learn a deceptive play that's sure to succeed.
- Decide whether or not to draw trump.
- Improve your knowledge of suit combinations.
- Overcome bad splits.
- Take advantage of clues from the opponent's auction.
- Visualize (and begin setting up) an endplay early in the play.
- Know when it's right to play differently at IMPs.
Sorry this is not a discounted item.
This item is sent to your email address automatically within 24-48 hours.