Author: Frank Stewart
"What's Your Call? The Bridge Player's Handbook of Basic Bidding."
It's a 224-page book of quizzes plus short tutorials. It's intended to give aspiring players a sound bidding foundation. The book focuses more on judgment than on system.
Table of Contents:
- Author's note
- Chapter 1 Problems for the opening bidder
- Chapter 2 Problems for the responder
- Chapter 3 At opener's second turn
- Chapter 4 At responder's second turn
- Chapter 5 How good is your hand?
- Chapter 6 Later in the auction
- Chapter 7 Acting over an opponent's opening bid
- Chapter 8 Competitive auction
- Chapter 9 More competitive auctions
- Chapter 10 Slam bidding
- Chapter 11 Doubles and redoubles
- Chapter 12 Auction inferences
- Chapter 13 Looking ahead
- Chapter 14 Matchpoint strategy
Paperback: 224 pages: 2013