Try a free demo
Audio Visual Lesson you view on your computer browser
Approximate running time: 110 minutes.
Marty's audio visual format significantly enhances your learning experience:
- The combination of voice and visual effects makes it easier to understand what Marty is teaching.
- The lesson is interactive, so students "learn by doing."
- You can proceed at your own pace.
- You can play and replay all or some of the lesson whenever you choose as many times as you like.
- The lesson includes a written transcript for you to study. The transcript format has been improved for increased readability.
Click here for an example transcript.
- The lesson contains several hours of extensive material.
- The lesson is designed to work on most popular computers and browsers, including Windows, Mac, and iPad.
When partner makes a takeout double, you have a number of choices. When your RHO passes, you will usually make a minimum bid in an unbid suit. That could be based on a total Yarborough. Therefore, when you do have some values, you should try hard to let partner know that you are not broke. Of course, sometimes your RHO won't pass. If you don't have something to talk about, you are now welcome to pass. However, that does NOT mean that because you are off the hook, you should be eager to pass. A free bid does NOT promise a rose garden. In his 50 examples, Marty will discuss: If RHO passes:
- When you're forced to lie, what is the lesser of evils?
- How much strength is needed for a jump?
- What does a cue-bid show?
- Is this the right time to bid up-the-line?
- Does a jump response promise a 5-card suit?
If RHO doesn't pass:
- What is the correct mindset?
- Exactly what do you need to make a free bid?
- How relevant is the vulnerability?
- How can you show values when you lack a descriptive bid?
- Can you ever make a Michaels-type cue-bid?
- When your RHO raises, what is your #1 priority?
After a redouble:
- Which notrump bids are Unusual?
- How can you survive when you are in trouble?
- How can you attack when you are not in trouble?
Sorry this is not a discounted item.
This item is sent automatically within 24-48 hours.