Try a free demo
Audio Visual Lesson you view on your computer browser
Approximate running time: 110 minutes.
Marty's audio visual format significantly enhances your learning experience:
- The combination of voice and visual effects makes it easier to understand what Marty is teaching.
- The lesson is interactive, so students "learn by doing."
- You can proceed at your own pace.
- You can play and replay all or some of the lesson whenever you choose as many times as you like.
- The lesson includes a written transcript for you to study. The transcript format has been improved for increased readability.
Click here for an example transcript.
- The lesson contains several hours of extensive material.
- The lesson is designed to work on most popular computers and browsers, including Windows, Mac, and iPad.
Here are some facts:
1. You rate to be on defense twice as often as you will be declarer.
2. Bridge teachers and other authorities agree that defense
is the most difficult part of the game.
3. The most frequently-played contract in bridge is 3NT.
And second place (4&spades) is a distant second.
4. The most common part-score is 1NT.
5. 2NT contracts are not uncommon.
6. Notrump contracts above 3NT do occur.
7. Eddie Kantar wrote: "At least half of your opponents' notrump contracts
can be defeated with a good defense, but the sad truth is that about
eighty percent of them are fulfilled."
Undeniable conclusion: The great importance of good defense of notrump
contracts can not be over-stated. In a word, it is crucial.
In this lesson, Marty will explain:
- How counting HCP can enable you to locate missing honors.
- The step-by-step thought process needed to figure out declarer's distribution.
- The correct thought process that will greatly improve your opening leads.
- Practical tips to help you know what you must consider at trick 1.
- How paying careful attention to spot cards played can tell you how to proceed.
- How to further your knowledge of card combinations.
- How to know when to say "NO" to second-hand low.
- How you should react when The Rule of 11 "does NOT work."
- Falsecards: The right (and wrong) times to do them.
- Penalty doubles of 3NT: When they are correct, and when they are very wrong.
Sorry this is not a discounted item.
This item is sent to your email address automatically within 24-48 hours.