Try a free demo
Audio Visual Lesson you view on your computer browser
Approximate running time: 110 minutes.
Marty's audio visual format significantly enhances your learning experience:
- The combination of voice and visual effects makes it easier to understand what Marty is teaching.
- The lesson is interactive, so students "learn by doing."
- You can proceed at your own pace.
- You can play and replay all or some of the lesson whenever you choose as many times as you like.
- The lesson includes a written transcript for you to study. The transcript format has been improved for increased readability.
Click here for an example transcript.
- The lesson contains several hours of extensive material.
- The lesson is designed to work on most popular computers and browsers, including Windows, Mac, and iPad.
These days, everyone seems to be preempting more than ever. Most players are very aware how effective preempts can be in forcing the opponents to guess what to do.
Of course, decisions after an enemy preempt need not be a blind guess. Experts have learned to rely on important principles that have withstood the test of time. And that's what this lesson is all about.
In this lesson, Marty will discuss:
- What factor is a lot more important than HCP?
- How can you choose between a double or a bid?
- Cue-bid: When should it NOT be Michaels?
- Why should 3NT become your favorite contract?
- Which notrump bids are Unusual?
- When is an overcall justified on a so-so 5-card suit?
- How do experts define a double of 4 of a major?
- When should you make a notrump overcall with an unbalanced hand?
- How much more aggressive should you be in the balancing seat?
Sorry this is not a discounted item.
This item is sent automatically within 24-48 hours.